Thursday, August 30, 2012

Would this Happen in Chicago & Suburbs?

Yesterday, my new RFID-blocking wallet (although I don't have any cards that need protecting) fell out of my lap in the taxi cab as I was returning home. I had been using a new purse and arranging some items and forgot the wallet was in my lap, so it was left on the floor of the taxi cab. Someone in front of the Alpha Market (where I had planned to shop) gave me a 50 LE (Egyptian pounds-$8.30)note so that I could get home A taxi ride for me is usually about or a little over 1/5th of that. When I arrived back home, I received an e-mail from the Fulbright office, saying that the taxi driver had called the office (my Fulbright ID was in the wallet along with a lot of Egyptian pounds!) and was bringing the wallet to the office. I said I would give a 50 LE tip. However, the receptionist said the taxi driver had been so nice, initially refused the tip, and only took it upon insistence. I got the wallet back with everything in it. He had been listening to recitations of the Koran on his car radio the entire time I was in the car. I guess he truly is an honest man. I can't even leave anything out at my college without it being stolen.

2 comments: