Saturday, August 18, 2012

Second Day in Egypt

My second day in Egypt. All the shops were closed by sundown, which comes about 7 PM, due to Ramadan. Also, it's the last day before the Eid al-Fitr begins. Many small restaurants are grilling kofta and kebabs with people sitting at outside tables, enjoying a good meal for Iftar (breaking of the fast). Bought a mobile phone. The housing organizer for Fulbright brought me some more bottled water and checked on my needs. I've enjoyed exploring the small shops in the area (supermarkets are available only in Zamalek and Maadi, where I did find items such as Jif peanut butter [only creamy] and oatmeal). What's better, I'll be able to have many of my supplies delivered. People so far in Garden City have been so friendly and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment